Friday 21 August 2015

Altered Treasure Trove Step by Step Tutorial

I got this box as a gift for my Birthday from my sister-in-law ......what a thoughtful gift!!!
As soon I got the box so many ideas went through my mind....
it was a 12" by 12" box,pretty big one.
 I decided to try Image Transfer with Mod Podge ....so here I go lets get started.....


First I removed the hinges and the lock , gave a coat of Gesso and left it to dry completely.....then applied 3 coats of Beige color paint leaving it to dry between coats.



Printed the image from Graphic Fairy on three different color paper,chose the beige color.....very very pretty image.


Applied a thick coat of mod podge on the printed side and stuck it on the box....removed all the air bubbles with a brayer. Left it to dry overnight.



With a wet towel I removed the paper very slowly.VOILA!!!Image Transfer done.


Now time to do some decoupage......I cut out various parts from the paper napkin and aligned to see how it looks.


 Then I stuck everything with Mod Podge.


Added script with Crafter's Workshop stencil Art Is and texture paste.




Added glitter to the flowers and sprayed clear gloss varnish ......After finishing,the image looked very pretty  so I tried to hang it on the wall.




Linking it to

5 comments:

  1. I think this is just gorgeous! Love the image and would love to try a print transfer but too chicken! Yours turned out picture perfect and a lovely picture it does make! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful...I have a stamp of that image and it is as you say,very,very pretty.
    I have yet to try the image transfer technique, I should really push myself to do it as I have so many ideas.
    Thank you for the tutorial and for entering our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Altering boxes is so fun! You created a lovely treasure box...thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you over at Graphics Fairy. This is beautiful. You received the box as a gift, then shared with us, ways to gift it for someone else too! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you over at Graphics Fairy. This is beautiful. You received the box as a gift, then shared with us, ways to gift it for someone else too! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete