Sunday 15 September 2013

Altered Treasure Chest

My hubby brought home this tin box after travelling in one of the local flights. The box looked the right size to hold small items, so I decided to change the tin box into a treasure chest.

Before

 First I stuck the pattern paper to the lid with Mod Podge decoupage glue....once it dried I applied couple of top coats. After it completely sealed and dried,  I painted it with varnish to give a glossy look. Same way I finished the inside and outside of the box.
Decorated the sides with pearls and ribbon and to the base I adhered 4 large beads. Added the clear crystal flower and the handmade small mulberry roses to the lid. I was looking for a center piece , that's when I found Lord Ganesha (considered patron of arts) pendant in my junk jewel collections, he gave a nice finishing touch and also added 2 more pendants with chain links.
At last I added the double loop bow which I made with the help of my index and middle finger....who needs a bow maker now.
Now my Treasure Chest is ready for my crafty treasures.




Linking it to 

24 comments:

  1. This is just sooo special Anuja i am glad i came over from MIM to have a closer look.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret for coming over to my blog.

      Delete
  2. so beautiful anuja, lovely papers used and the pendant is so nice.nice upcycling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Anuja. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely idea! Really a cool one

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative idea! And the execution was wonderfully done! Thank you for sharing your beautiful project in the “Autumn Colors” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
    ~ginny
    Design Team - Craft Your Passion
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely idea and you embellished it so well.Thanks for playing along with us at Crafters corner challenge # 12.Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous altered tin. Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project! Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love your project :)

    Thank you for participating in CYP challenge!
    Kat
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is totally gorgeous..!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job altering the tin. I saw it on MIM
    Hugs, Renee #198

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great altered tin. You certainly got to use up your stash of jewellry and papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge to use your stash/scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fab creation. Thanks for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future monthly challenges
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a transformation. This is so lovely and inspiring. Thanks for being part of our Scraps and Old Stash challenge at Unstampabelles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing, such a great transition to a work of art. Thanks for playing at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How Lovely! My hubby brought me a walking stick he sculpted, and I haven't done anything to it...you have inspired me.

    Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics,
    Bev Artsystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow love the conversion! Fabulous placement of the pattern paper and amazing transformation! Thanks so much for playing along ItsyBitsy's Pretty 'P' Challenge. All the very best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow ! Lovely altered box Anuja !
    This Nut Case is so much fun to alter & perfect size to store embellishments & charms !
    Thank u for playing with us at Crafters Corner Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Riti (DT at Crafters Corner)

    ReplyDelete
  19. its simply wow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i liked ur projects and wk............plz help m to learn this plz send m all information on vaijyanti.khatwa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete