Thursday 20 August 2015

Cracked Paint Decoupage box

Hi All!!!!
For this month Challenge at Simply Create Too Blog is "Anything Goes". So here I am with an Altered box. Let's get started now......

This box had a sheet of  mica covering the entire box ,I tried to paint on top of it but it didn't stick ....so I peeled the mica sheet from the box.



This is how it looks after removing the mica.....

For the cracked effect.....first I painted black all over and left to dry completely.Then applied a thin coat of crackle medium,left it to dry still it became slightly sticky. After that I painted white on top....within seconds the cracks will appear.

 Decoupage on the Box

The cracks are seen through the tissue.

Stamped and embossed the sentiment.....the rose diecut is from Elizabeth Crafts. Added color to the edges with distress ink.

Stuck the Hinges with E6000






Linking it to

2 comments:

  1. Love this box! I had the same problem with paint sticking on a box..still haven't solved it but will try your approach. Love the decoupage a lot! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty altered box. One of my favourite types of projects. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete