Saturday 25 January 2014

Write up for a Gift Box

This is Nirupama a homemaker with a vision to start a school. I am popularly known as an Art class aunty in the neighborhood. Always with some innovative ideas in craft , kids including mine come to me for their school projects which i enjoy helping them with my time. Craft is one thing which has helped me even when the days are tough. It is my stress reliever and I am sure it is the same for most of  the crafters like me.

IMG-20140125-WA0000

This box was done for my daughter's school farewell day. Every year it has become customary of gifting her friends with something we make ourself. This year it is very special for two reasons. One is the way it was made and the other is my little daughter is finishing school this year. Now about the making, it was not a single person job, inspiration came from my sis-in-law(Anuja Sekar) . We started making this box in our Farm house in Bodi ,when all the family members met for Christmas last year(2013).Secondly my daughter’s friends have become so close to us that we wanted them to remember this year's gift for very long as they will be parting this year to pursue their college in different fields. I hope they enjoy it.

About the box
Any scrap can be used for enhancing the looks of our projects. A little planning. and foresight is what is needed. For this project ,the embellishments on top adds the zing. The oval shape was cut and embossed using the Cuttlebug, a must have tool for crafters.The bloomed flower was made from printed paper cutout using Spellbinders Bitty Blossom die and the pretty bows from Die-namics beautiful bow die. The sparklers and the pretty five petal flower gives a personalized touch as it has the names of friends. Opening and closing the box is very easy, just a velcro  does it.


IMG-20140121-WA0009
box1
box2
box3

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! lovely boxes Nirupama...so cute ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a cute box !! Thanks for playing along at CCC, 3-Bs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice box...Thanks for playing along with us at CCC.. :)

    ReplyDelete